Saturday, February 02, 2008

I Smelt The Flowers

I smelt the flowers, I felt the breeze
Caress my face on bended knees
My heart was strong, and in full flight
The bloom of youth was pure and bright

Spiteful people and dishonest love
Made me believe I had no worth
I did things wrong I went too far
I was stupid and afraid so I pushed the bar

My soul weak and self abused
My life was empty, I felt so used
Cynical and raw I had no trust
I truly believed I was eternally cursed

I’d had affairs along the way
But good or bad I could never stay
I glanced around and there was you
My lips were parched, my eyes were too

Gazing at you across that room
My breath stopped short my heart went boom
I couldn’t move, your eyes they knew
As did that little grin you do

In you was home, the truth I saw
The look we shared was pure but raw
We’d made mistakes and felt the sting
And struggled on with broken wing

You crossed the room, you took my hand
You led me from the painful land
Of one night stands and broken dreams
And gave me life in moonlight beams

No comments:

Post a Comment